This is a brief outline of the requirements to achieve this promotion. A more detailed curriculum is available at our school.
2nd Brown Belt
A student must achieve a minimum of 2 tips to advance to 2nd Brown Belt.
Testing for the rank of 2nd Brown
- Complete 14 sparring classes (before 2nd tip)
- Perform what you did to earn your final 2 tips (kata & Self-Defense).
- Any 1 past Katas of your choice and 8 self-defense techniques. (Attacks are listed below)
- Break a re-breakable board with a palm heel and Side Kick. (Kids 6th grade and under green board, kids 7th-8th grade blue board, 9th grade-Adults brown board)
- 2 Minute on the heavy bag.
- Straight right punch
- Straight left punch
- Right round punch
- Right front kick
- Left hand lapel grab
- Two hand push
- Shoulder grab
- Right kick/right punch
Return to Progress Page